How to download and install Verizon Internet Security SuiteEnvironment
Verizon Internet Security Suite
Affected Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
This article describes the Verizon Internet Security Suite installation on your Windows computer.Solution
IMPORTANT: Do not use your browser's navigation buttons to move between pages because you will lose the information you provide. Instead, click Cancel, Back, or Continue at the bottom of each form on the page.
Previous Document ID
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to install Verizon Internet Security Suite, For more information, see TS100857.
- Ensure that your computer is up-to-date:
- Open WindowsUpdate from your Start menu, or open a web browser and go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
- Follow the instructions to ensure you have all Service Packs and subsequent critical updates installed.
- Check for any incompatible third-party applications in Add/Remove programs. For more information, see TS100868.
- Download the McAfee PreInstall Tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPartnerPreInstall.exe, and save it to your desktop.
- Install the tool:
- Double-click McPreInstall.exe.
- Click Start inside the Preinstall Tool.
- Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
- After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK .
- Click Close and restart your computer.
- Go to www.verizon.net.
- Log in to your primary Verizon account.
- Navigate to www.verizon.com/getviss and follow the on-screen prompts to install.